Fleet Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of our transportation division. This will include the trucking services department and our maintenance and repair department.
- Scheduling daily and weekly routes
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Stay up to date with safety regulations
- Schedule maintenance and repair needs for vehicles and equipment
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed maintenance
- Responsible for full range of supervisory activities of truck drivers and maintenance staff, including training, evaluation, selection and recommendation for dismissal. Monitor attendance, approve timesheets and requests for time off.
- Work closely with maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
- Maintain all required records to demonstrate that fleet operations comply with state and federal laws.
- Monitor and report on transportation costs and efficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of trucking services and maintenance and repair services
- Understanding of safety processes and procedures
- Proven work experiences as a Fleet Manager, Transportation Manager or similar role.
- Experience with fleet operation laws and regulations
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of work team concepts and productivity standards in a vehicle repair facility.
- Knowledge of vehicle/equipment specifications and applications.
- Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with employees, customers and vendors.
- Ability to direct and evaluate personnel in the accomplishment of goals and objectives and demonstrated ability to plan and manage workloads and priorities.
- Strong organization skills
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- 1 week vacation after first year of service
- Quarterly Bonus Safety Day
- Company provided PPE
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits (company pays 50% of employee only health care)
- Paid training