Heavy Equipment Operator
We are seeking an experienced and safety-oriented heavy equipment operator to join our team and safely and efficiently operate a variety of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate various pieces of large equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
- Regularly clean equipment to preserve its quality and functionality
- Perform minor repairs on equipment issues
- Report needs for larger repairs to the appropriate parties
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with heavy equipment
- Possession of a valid class D driver’s license, or willingness to obtain a Class D Drivers License.
- Knowledge of proper operation of heavy equipment as well as safety standards
- Ability to maintain, inspect, clean, and occasionally repair pieces of heavy equipment
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work environment
- Strong work ethic and physical ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Sit for long periods while Operating equipment
- Practice safety at all times including driving of company vehicles or use of equipment.
- Use PPE while on jobsite e.g. hard hat safety glasses, ear protection, high visibility vest, steel toe boots, pants, and gloves.
- Take initiative and anticipate what needs to be done. Shown abilities and willingness to learn and understand your role on the team.
- Help keep trucks clean inside and out. Turn in bi-monthly vehicle inspection report to foreman and inform foreman of any problems that need immediate attention.
- Help maintain inventory of truck, jobsite stock and needs
- Turn in any receipts to foreman immediately after purchasing parts, materials, and fuel
- Report injury or accident to foreman immediately.